Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
  1. Default Broker with free trades

Does anyone know or have a broker that gives out free trades during special promotion events or as encouragement to make additional trades. I'm always looking for freebies and free trades would really be very slit.

If you know of a broker or are using a broker that does this, please let me know.

2. Default

If you're thinking about jumping between brokers to collect on the free trades they offer I don't think it's a good idea. A lot of them have adittional fees if you don't stay with them.

For learning purposes and assuming you have more than 10000 in capital (only because you said you did in another post) I recommend LightSpeed or interactive brokers. They have a pretty awesome platform and have "per share" pricing which is great for learning because you can trade 10 shares at a time without getting commissioned to death.

If you don't have 10,000 in capital try a MB trader or something else with "per share" pricing.

3. Default

Actually Zecco offers 10 free trades every month if your account balance is at least $25,000 or you make over 25 trades a month. You could read more about it in zecco review

4. Default

Bank of America offers 30 free trades per month if you maintain $25,000 minimum, otherwise $7 per trade. I think it's the best deal anywhere, but they don't have streaming charts, so I use another platform to follow the markets.

5. Default

Most companies (except Scottrade) will charge account transfer fee (ACAT fee) when you are transferring your account to another broker (anywhere from $25 to $250). But you could cash in your positions, withdraw money and close account without paying that fee. If it's not an IRA account, most companies don't charge for closing account. So jumping from broker to broker and taking advantage of various promos is feasible. Here is the list of current stock brokerage promotions.