I am rather new to being a more active investor. I have been at the game maybe a year or so. Typically I will have between $50-$70k in the market at any one time. Maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less. Right now, I have about $55k invested and my YTD profit is $2555.50. I am reasonably satisfied with that performance, but if I didn't think I had more to learn...if I didn't think maybe I could do better, I wouldn't be here.

Last year, for example, I was really in the market perhaps 8 months out of the year. Probably between $25-50k in the market at any one time and made about $3000 for the year. Nothing to brag about there.

I am 54 years old. I have an ESOP program where I work that is, well, nice. My wife and I both max out our 401k's. In addition, I have a pension coming from a company I left 15 years ago. My point here is the money we are risking in the market is not money we are going to depend on in retirement. We are fortunate and we know it.

Right now, all I have is a basic knowledge of bullish strategies. I am working to expand on that but at the moment, that is all I have to go on.