Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Agrovedadarp Guest

Default What filters to use to screen swing trades?

I know that a lot of people use fundamental and technical indicators when considering swing trades. When using a stock screener to narrow down which charts you will examine for swing trades, which fundamental and technical filters do you use?

Airbladeamm Guest

I use Full Stochastics (14,3,3) being oversold < 20 for any stocks at the bottom of a channel. I also look at volume and the Exponential moving averages.

Ailongerquola Guest

Some stocks with a high dividend yield will have a price run-up starting about a month prior to the dividend. Either way you win. Run-up or nice dividend.

So stock screener and then screen for stocks by dividend yield. Then look at the past year.

If they have a history of paying 2 cents dividend, then the last dividend was suddenly 80 cents, I avoid that.

Rather I look for consistent dividends. Like Q1 50 cents, Q2 49 cents, Q3 55 cents, Q4 60 cents, etc.

Airbladecls Guest

I look at stocks in play, which generally means the stocks have some fresh news on them making them interesting trading candidates.

Airbladeehc Guest

These stocks have above-average volatility and volume and increased level of institutional activity.