Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    AllenNaw Guest

Default day trade with less than 25k?

i have been using zecco for swing trading. I can not day trade with zecco with less than 25k in an account (more than 3 day trades in a 5 day period). does anyone know an online broker that will allow day trading with out a minimum balance? (or atleast a smaller balance) sogo?

thanks in advance

AmadoFauce Guest

Its not the broker. Its the law. Day trading more than 3 days requires 25K no matter your broker.

Amazonnnimi Guest

The SEC rule states that you can't daytrade without 25K in capital. There is a way around it though. You'd have to join a proprietary trading firm. They usually ask for 3,000-10,000 as a "risk deposit" then they provide you capital to trade. Broadstreet Trading is a good one (they just joined T3live) but there are others out there that require more or less than the $5000 deposit that BST requires. I don't know of any other way around the rule.

Amazonnnuas Guest

Trade options yo. Cash settles in only 1 day rather than 3, and you get bigger returns so you can get that 25k.

5. Default

Well, if you're wanting to day trade, options won't work as they're subject to the PDT rules too. Now, if you want to trade FUTURES, you can day trade to your heart's content.