Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    AlexandrAAincumnUpliply Guest

Default If this is for real, I find this terrifying.

Government officials force farmers to slaughter their livestock. I have to be missing something here.....

http://www.naturalnews.com/035585_Mi...rms_raids.html

AlfredCeazy Guest

I was hoping today some of our Michigan friends might weigh in on this. What a slap in the face of our civil liberties.

What is next? You may grow a garden so long as it is planted with these. That is getting to be a fact here in Idaho by the way. Talk of state approved and certified seeds especially for small growers growing for local retail. ie farmer markets and road side stands.

What is to say that you can grow apple and pear trees here but not these apple and pear trees here. Your apple and pear trees are not hybrid. They are not grafted or genetically altered. They are not growing approved root stocks. Oh by the way you are going to have to cut down your heritage species trees. Your prize strawberries are not on the safe list. Oh by the way comrade you and your seven other neighbors are now part of the Upper Prairie Cooperative comrade and you will produce what we tell you to produce. Your hand full of cattle is now the states cattle. We will allow you a 100 by 50 plot for you and your family. You can not sell, trade nor barter produce from your garden plot without state approval.

AlfonsoMus Guest

The article was a little over the top.

This is one of the most invasive species in PA right now. They have been illegal in many areas for a while. I believed they passed this as a law in PA too.

These are the Russian feral hogs for caged hunts. It has been a legal sticking issue in many states. In many states they claim they are livestock and import them under those laws. Then the release them in a fenced property for a caged hunt to shoot like game. They claim the DNR and state game commissions have no jurisdiction because they are "livestock." State legislatures and regulators have been changing that.

These are the bane of many domestic game hunters and farmers. They eat everything. They destroy habitat and native game animals. I heard on some hunting websites that the larger ones taste horrible to boot.

What is interesting is that they admit in the article that the farmers knew for 6 months. The owner broke the law and had piglets anyway in violation. No one forced him to shoot them. Rather than stand up for what they believed and challenged the law as unconstitutional, he shot the piglets when he heard law enforcement was on it's way.

His legal conclusions are bonkers and borderline criminal. "If the use of force is necessary to make a lawful and legal arrest of these criminal Michigan government agents, then such use of force is fully authorized under the United States Constitution as well as the Constitution of the State of Michigan." That sounds about as close as you can get to advocating force against a government agency.

AlfredKIC Guest

I have a few farm animals myself. And every one of my neighbors has cows. Literally, every neighbor for likely a 25 mile radius runs cattle around me. I simply cannot envision what was described. It borders on the impossible.

There has to be more to the story.

Alica44193 Guest

That makes me feel significantly less appalled. The article that I posted played this story as though these were not feral, non-native species, and that these were basically pet pigs huddled under Charlotte's web.

I hate cage "hunts". Put these folks out of business. We are having issues with feral hogs in the Rio Grande valley, and they are coming north.