Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    AfreddieAssef Guest

Default series EE Savings bonds

Hey everyone,

I have about 37 Series EE savings bonds that were given to me as gifts from my grandparents. Some were issued as old as 1995 and up to 2003. Interest rates range from 1.50% to 4%. There are a few that are at 4.00%

I was curious if I should redeem these bonds or hold them until maturity. Any input would be appreciated.

Agustinpem Guest

This question can't be answered properly without a lot more information on your part. What are your financial responsibilities, goals, how much risk are you willing to take on? Are you well off, or in need of cash? There is just a huge amount of variables to consider in order to answer a question like that.

Airbladeked Guest

I just graduated college in may. I have loans and bills to take care of. Not looking to be to risky.

Aigeoswquola Guest

1.5-4% is pretty good for safe money right now.

Aaronvup Guest

I could be wrong, but if you waited until you were not a student you are screwed and have to pay a different tax rate on them. EE are tax free if cashed in under certain circumstance

I think you get tax free if a student still.

No point in waiting in my opinion, as the taxes outweigh the gain. Buy a stock like HPI or CII or HGT instead!

I could be wrong though..... not qualified financial advise here.