Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    AlexVoronoa Guest

Default Penny stock picking?

Hello Traders,

I started trading last week and could make a good profit in my first week A little confused on picking stocks for next week March 2nd and was checking the Penny Stock Picking of last weeks which doesn't seem to make sense to me. Apology for my ignorance but could you please let me know on how / when to buy / sell these stocks? I compared last week stocks with the real stock market prices and seems to me they all but one went down.

As an started I am doing day-trading, buy around noon and sell end of day or morning. This worked the first week and hopefully do in the future.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

2. Default

Short-selling is a way to profit from a stocks decrease in price. Realistically, penny stocks are hard to short.

Alica44193 Guest

Yes, I understand. I am going to watch what you guys posted on the weekly picking. Thx

4. Default

You just put at least $25k into the stock market without having a clue as to what you're doing?

5. Default

You say you're day-trading (which requires a minimum account balance of $25k if you do more than 3 trades in a rolling 5-day period), and you just started trading last week. But yet you're asking when to buy and sell penny stocks, which therefore sounds like you don't know what you're doing. So I'm asking why you would put that kind of money into the market if you don't know what you're doing.

If you're refering to our "Penny Stock Picking Weekly Contest", it's just that... a contest... a game. We pick stocks for the contest that we hope have a good chance at winning the contest for us, but it doesn't mean we are actually buying those stocks in real life. And if we go "short" on a stock, then it means we want the price to drop. But again, if you don't understand how "shorting" works, then why are you putting real money into the market?