Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
  1. Default The best way to see it TA beats or is Equal too FA

This is to create a thread of honest folk, who are diligently trying to improve their skill, whether it be technical or fundamental.

It is not of a consequence, this thread is for both points of view.

Please refrain from being rude or abusive, that's all I ask.

I'll start with this stock based purely on the chart

2. Default

Reasons why I wouldn�t buy IC2 Global (ICC)
    1. They have never made a profit since the tech boom in 2000;
    2. Their in the telecommunications sector which is out of favour and in downtrend;
    3. Their turnover is currently $9k per day;
    4. If I bought a swag, enough to make it worthwhile, I couldn�t get out at my stoploss because the market would dry up if the price dropped.
    5. The price trend is down, down, down. The only upward trend I can see is in the last few days and that may be just noise.
    6. I don�t know any reason why this company is likely to outperform the telecoms market (especially for me to take on this level of risk).

Jules, I would be interested to know what you were looking for in this trade: �
    A lottery ticket? There are probably better ones around (GDY, JUM, MGX, AMU, AWE, AED, FAR, CUE, SEN�.)
    A technical trade � why not pick something in uptrend supported by its longer term trend and sector trend?
    A fundamental trade? � why not pick a stock which is or will be turning in a profit soon?

3. Default

Tell me Why you wouldn't buy it!

Because it's not going up

4. Default

This is a chart which might engender both Technical and Fundamental discussion.

Many are put off by the BIG share price, but it has zoomed up about 75% since 01/07/2005.

Recent corrections may have had more to do with market sentiment, than Fundamental or Technical issues.

Comments?

5. Default

Simply it isn't a pick, if it were I would have put it in the asx of long term trade thread.

It was just an experiment, thanks to all who contributed.