Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
  1. Default FAUX News Lying again

She and her co-host went on to ridicule Obama's "failed" solar subsidies, adding, "The United States simply hasn't figured out how to do solar cheaply and effectively. You look at the country of Germany, it's working out great for them." Near the end of the segment, it occurred to Carlson to ask her expert guest, Fox Business reporter Shibani Joshi, why it might be that Germany's solar-power sector is doing so much better. "What was Germany doing correct? Are they just a smaller country, and that made it more feasible?" Carlson asked.

Joshi's jaw-dropping response: "They're a smaller country, and they've got lots of sun. Right? They've got a lot more sun than we do." In case that wasn't clear enough for some viewers, Joshi went on: "The problem is it's a cloudy day and it's raining, you're not gonna have it." Sure, California might get sun now and then, Joshi conceded, "but here on the East Coast, it's just not going to work."

Except that Joshi is LYING

Germany has much less sun than the continental US -- the only state that has comparable low solar input is Alaska and a small part of the rainy Pacific North west

2. Default

How can you doubt Fox News? My God man they are fair and balanced, they even say so themselves............

But then they also say they report you decide.

I guess my question would be is solar really working out great for Germany?

3. Default

Yet despite those limitations, Germany has still managed to be the world leader in solar power. At the end of 2012, the country had installed about 30 gigawatts of solar capacity, providing between 3 percent and 10 percent of its electricity. The United States, by contrast, has somewhere around 6.4 gigawatts of solar capacity.

4. Default

I really don't care what Fox News, CBS, ABC or any other network reports on regarding solar. What I'd like to know is the the true cost of industrial solar. I've looked into solar for my home for the purposes of grid-tie, hot water and heating. However, the cost is still way too prohibitive for me to consider it. I love the idea of "free" electricity, but the payback period is more than 20 years. Knowing what it costs for a homeowner, I have to wonder what it costs taxpayers for these industrial farms. So Germany supplies "between 3 and ten percent" of its power (Seems to be a vague estimation) from soar - what does this cost? Anyone know?