Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
  1. Default How big is your CFD account?

Hi this is my first post on incrediblecharts forum I have come across it many times in the past.

I have been trading CFD's on the CMC Markets platform, for nearly 5 months and I have done pretty well. Starting with $1000 I have grown my portfolio to $2800 in 15 trades using both long and short positions.

At first I was sceptical about the stop losses being executed, but I now feel confident that trading indicies with stop loss and limit orders to lock in my max win/loss is working for me.

I am now thinking that I should take a personal loan of say $50,000 and stick it in my CMC account.

I am feeling a little bit nervous about it, so my questions are:
    1) is anyone else trading CMC markets with $50K+ in their account?
    2) does anyone have experience borrowing funds to invest in CFDs (which themselves leverage through borrowed money). I realise this becomes a heavily geared investment.

2. Default

This must be sign that we are nearing a .

Have you considered what will happen if the market corrects sharply and jumps a few of your stops?

3. Default

No Way pwrkd, my CFD account is $7000 and no more. I am very cautious with CFDs. remember, you get nothing for nothing. Just beware

4. Default

I figure I can lose everything in my account at worst case.

I would not put the entire 50K at risk for 1 position of course. I always spread my risk by trading multiple foreign indicies at the same time, some short some long.

Colin, could you elaborate on what you mean by "we're nearing a Stop?"